Or, What the heck I have been knitting.
Winter Issue on Twist Collective.
The Roses are the actual color of the yarn in person.
I put aside Arabesque for a SWIRL, (which is a disaster and I am stuck on the arms), in favor of my 5th Prayer Shawl. I have had trouble keeping my interest in knitting the usual, garter stitch or other simple shawls and I branched out and knitted a couple of lace numbers in worsted yarn. When I bought the Maroni pattern from Twist, I noticed 2 things. It looked interesting and it was done in worsted weight yarn. Hum...
I looked at the picture you see, but only noticed the edging. It looked like fun and it was. A perfect pattern, no errors - only one thing wrong - I should have knitted it on larger needles. Shawls for the sick are usually larger. I did a bit of rewriting and took the Chart B edging, and did 6 repeats. across the top and down the 2 fronts adding 8 inches. Now, it will wrap around the shoulders of some lady.
Most Prayer Shawls are done in acrylic yarn or acrylic blend, so they will be washable. Acrylic yarn doesn't hold a block so my edging points, lack the points as pictured in Twist, and the drape. Worsted weight acrlyic doesn't drape...at least for me. I think I will double the pattern, use some delightful but dk or sport wool/silk weight yarn, because it was a clever cabled affair with delightful edging. Forgive the pictures - the camera is a bit wonky. The computer is newer and well....you get the picture.
The usual apology for BLOG neglect. I plan to turn over a new leaf - and spend less time on Facebook and more on knitting and blogging. I am also behind, (months), on Ravelry. Social media is time consuming - and my overall knitting has suffered. Next up, back to Arabesque. I have NO idea what to do with a 3/4 finished Swirl. Maybe I will get smart all of a sudden and understand the pattern as written.
Stay Tuned and we shall see.